To be eligible for services, you must have proof of a diagnosis of an acquired brain injury*. This must be confirmed by a physician and through medical and/or rehabilitation documentation*. Additional eligibility criteria include:
- Residency and citizenship requirements
- Currently living within the boundaries of Fraser Valley Brain Injury Association (Langley to Boston Bar)
- Limited or no funding from other sources (i.e. ICBC rehabilitation, ICBC settlement, Worker’s Compensation Board, Crime Victim Assistance Program, Long or Short Term Disability Programs)
* Proof of Acquired Brain Injury:
- CT Scan, Neurologist Report, Physiatrist Report, or MRI Report.
* Medical and Rehabilitation documentation includes the following:
- Psychiatric reports with DSM IV diagnosis of acquired brain injury
- Neuropsychological assessments clearly indicating acquired brain injury
- Hospital records clearly indicating acquired brain injury
- Medical/Rehabilitation or Hospital discharge reports clearly indicating acquired brain injury.